Copy the URL from the text box below...
Well it depends on your situation...
Replacing Annual Income
- This may seem like an obvious reason to have life insurance, but it is extremely important to make sure that your loved ones are provided for in the case of a tragedy.
- In 2011, the median household income was $51,413
College Costs for Children
- The cost of sending a child to college is increasing every year. Life insurance may be a way to fund your children's college education.
- The average cost of private four-year college is $32,614 per year.
- The average cost of public four-year college is $8,751 per year.
Value of your Services at Home
- These services can range from child care to mowing the lawn. It is any service that would need to be replaced if you were no longer there to provide it.
- Your services at home are often overlooked. If paid, a stay at home parent would earn $122,611 annually.
- Final expenses are something no one wants to think about, but they can add up quickly.
- The average funeral cost today is between $7,000-$10,000.
Debt (Mortgage, Credit Card, etc)
- Life insurance death benefit proceeds are federal income tax free, and may pay off or reduce any outstanding debt.
- The average American home mortgage debt is $119,000.
- The average credit card debt per household in the United States is $15,956.
Employer Provided Benefits
- Any employer sponsored life, health, or disability insurance benefit may have to be replaced in the event of a tragedy.
- In 2011, the average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance plans were $5,429 for single coverage and $15,073 for family coverage.
- Over the past decade, health care premiums have risen 131%, while wages have increased just 38%.
These are just a few factors that may go into determining your life insurance needs. Remember, the best way to make sure your life insurance needs are met is to meet with a financial professional who is a qualified life insurance agent.